My colleague Geoffrey Philp, author of Uncle Obadiah and Alien, Florida Bound, Grandpa Sydney Anancy's Stories , Benjamin, My Son, Hurricane Center, Twelve Poems and a Story for Christmas and his soon to be released book entitled Who's Your Daddy?: And Other Stories has tagged me. He recently posted a list of 25 random things about himself on his blog and has suggested that I too participate.
- I hate and fear only one animal and it's not the shark. It's the cockroach. They are everywhere here in Florida.
- I speak English and Spanish, and I am somewhat versed in American Sign Language.
- My husband and I have been married for 21 years.
- My favorite fictional novel is Wuthering Heights.
- My least favorite subject is math.
- I was born in Cuba, but my parents immigrated to the US when I was a year old. I have yet to see my birth place.
- As a child I lived in Louisiana and New Jersey before moving to Florida.
- I live in Florida but North Carolina is where my heart is.
- My grandmother is 100 years old. I just hope her genes made their way over to me!
- I love Pearl Jam, Creed, Andrea Bocelli, Shakira, Jimmy Buffett, Billy Joel, Elton John, Juanes and U2. I know... I know... what a mix!
- I met my best friend Iris in 3rd grade, many moons ago, and we are still the best of friends.
- When I was a child, I wanted to be an actress. Although I am "not" in films or movies, I am a teacher and therefore a performer.
- I drive a Chevy.
- I am surrounded by many truly wonderful people.
- I made my singing debut at Pat O'Brien's in New Orleans, Louisiana. Those were the good old days!!!
- I lost my fear of deep water snorkeling off the Florida Keys.
- In my twenties, I had a near death experience. I will write about that one day.
- I truly believe that opportunity does not find you; you find opportunity.
- I love open spaces, fields, pastures, woods and mountains.
- I am not a follower.
- Believe or not, I am allergic to salt.
- I am a big Dave Ramsey fan.
- I love sushi.
- Life has not made me bitter. Instead it has made me wiser.
- I am very blessed.